- Contact Us
- Classroom Resources
- Curriculum Technology Resouces
- Digital Citizenship Resources
- Educational Technology Resources
- Multimedia Resources
- Need Wifi?
- Student Devices
Technology Department 805-641-5000 ext 1340
|Kurt Sowa||Information and Systems Manager|
|Terry Leach||Network and Systems Manager|
|Nellie Castellanos||Administrative Specialist|
|Kevin Bauleke||Interim Lead Technology Specialist|
|Ruben Galindo||Technology Project Specialist|
|Dianne Gonzalez||Computer Support/Phone Specialist|
|Ervey Hernandez||Computer Repair Specialist|
|Kristian Hernandez||Interim Network Systems Specialist|
|Troy Leach||Databse/Network Analyst|
|Edgar Lopez||Technology Specialist|
|Richard Lopez||Technology Specialist|
|Paulo Mejia||Student Data Specialist|
|Josh Reyes||Technology Specialist|
|Antonio Rodriguez||Computer Repair Specialist|
|Geneva Bento||Educational Technology Integration TOSA|
|Mariefe Bouwman||Educational Technology Integration TOSA|
- Plag Scan free
- Article Checker free
- Plagiarism Checking free & paid
- Plagiarism Checker free & paid
- Plagiarism Check free
- PaperRater free & paid
- ED Puzzle Use only what you need from any video
- Convert PowerPoint to Flash
- Emaze - Create presentations (PowerPoint alternative)
- Quozio Turn words into meaningful images
- EducatorsApps Turn a website into an app
- Quizlet Tools for students
- Studyblue Online flashcards
- Printfriendly Print a website without ads
- ClassDojo Build positive behavior
- Classroom Architect Create a classroom floor plan
- Remind Send text messages to parents/students without disclosing phone number
- BringIt Create simple sign up sheets online
- Screencast-O-Matic One click screen recordings
- Jing Record your screen
- Ed Tech and Mobile Learning - A massive list of tools
- Tagul: Upload shapes for a word cloud design
- Word Clouds for Kids
- Tagxedo: Shape Word clouds
- Technology Integration Matrix
- Sqworl Teacher Resources
- SmartBoard Activities
- If it were my home: visualizing disasters from where you live
- TimeLapse: powered by Google
- Google Docs
- Google Sites
- Google Drive Resources
- Google Maps for Education
- QR Code Overview (override)
- QR Codes in the Classroom (override)
- QR Codes in Education (override)
- More about QR Codes (override)
- i-nigma free bar code reader
- qrcode.kaywa QR generator
- QRstuff.com QR generator
- QRhacker Design QR codes
- QR Treasure Hunt Get a QR code for each question you create
- Social Media Citation Guide
- Primary Source Material
- Library of Congress
- Primary Source Repositories
- Son of Citation Machine
- Easy Bib
- Bibme MLA, APA citations
- British Library Online
- Thesis Builder
- ResearchReady A website evaluator
Organizers & Rubrics
- Graphic Organizers
- Holt Graphic Organizers
- Assessment and Rubrics Kathy Schrock
- RubiStar available in Spanish too
- Create a Graph
- Stopwatch Online timer
- Xtimeline Create timelines
- Tiki-Toki Create timelines
- HSTRY Create free multimedia timelines. Works with laptops, Chromebooks, iPads or tablets
Ventura County eLibrary - A multitude of resources including eBooks and eAudiobooks.
Class Tools - Contains multiple online tools. Create Venn, diamond, fishbone, target, jigsaw and diamond templates.Create a multimedia presentation in seconds. There are timeline, graph, and labeling tools as well.
Kern Kelley Forms - Contains links to many Google forms; quizzes, response to literature, story boards, and administrative forms.
|Learning Games||More Resources|
Today’s kids connect, create, and collaborate through media. But who helps them reflect on the implications of their actions? Who empowers them to make responsible, respectful, and safe choices about how they use the powerful digital tools at their command? Common Sense Parent Media Education Program and our Digital Citizenship Curriculum give educators, administrators, and parents the tools and curricula they need to guide a generation in becoming responsible digital citizens
|Common Sense Media||Articles to help with the most common parent concerns|
Cyberbullying Research Center
Provides up-to-date information about the nature, extent, causes, and consequences of cyberbullying among adolescents.
An interactive, educational program of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) that provides age-appropriate resources to help teach children how to be safer on/offline. The program is designed for children ages 5-17, parents and guardians, educators, and law enforcement.
What you’ll find here is news, perspective and advice on safe, successful use of social media and technology for parents, kids & teens, educators and policymakers worldwide
|ON[the]LINE||ON[the]LINE: The California 21st Century School District Initiative - making navigation through the complex issues surrounding technology in education SIMPLER for districts and county offices of education.|
Download these Documents
|Copyright and Fair Use for Teachers|
|Cyber Safety Poster - English|
|Cyber Safety Poster - Spanish|
Common Core Resources
- CTAP Common Core Performance Task Lessons
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
- Sample Curriculum Framework Documents
- ELA Item and Task Specification
- Achieve the Core (free content to implement Common Core State Standards)
- VCOE Common Core Resources
- New York Common Core Resources
- Georgia Common Core Resources
- ELA Crosswalk
- Math Crosswalk
Interactive Websites for Students
Teaching with YouTube: (197 digital channels for learning)
|Audio||Digital Story Telling & Book Making|
The California Broadband Council and the Federal Communications Commission have partnered to provide nationwide internet assistance.
Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a limited-time benefit for low-income consumers that will show up as a credit on your bill for High-Speed Home Internet and could pay for a computing device. The U.S. Congress and President established this benefit in 2021 because of the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. EBB may be valid for 6 months.
Broadband is the technical term for access to the Internet. Both words are used and both mean access to the Internet.
Eligible Consumers Can Receive
Up to $50 per month on Home Internet service
Up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal Lands
One-time discount of up to $100 for a computer or a tablet (offered in California by human-I-T when buying their broadband service)
For more information view the Affordable Connectivity Program flyer.
For more local resources and information, view the additional internet options document.
If that does not help please call the Call Center at 805-641-5000 x1380 (English), x1390 (Espanol)
Device not connecting to your home internet?
If your VUSD issued Chromebook gives you the warning that you do not have permission from the administrator to add the Wifi, please follow these steps to resolve. We apologize as some of the Chromebooks were not configured properly.
- Families should go to the parking lot at the nearest VUSD school closest to the main building.
- Next, look for the VUSDM wireless network.
- Upon connection, the parents/students need to log into the student's Google account.
- Stay connected for 2 minutes after logging into Google.
- The management policy will be downloaded during this 2 minute time period.
- The family should pursue their Google drive to confirm their file.
- After 2 minutes, the family can go home and connect to their network.
Devices for students who do not have devices at home.
We have completed our large deployment of devices. If your family needs a device, see your device contract or your device is not working please contact the main line for your school. We do have employees answering messages left on those liZoomMeetingsBilingual.pdfnes and will assist you.
Having Trouble with your VUSD Loaned iPad?
Having Trouble with your VUSD Loaned iPad? If your student is having issues connecting to your home Wi-Fi, you will likely be prompted with what you see below. Please hit (Settings) and add these credentials. This is part of the Poxy server we have configured for us to be able to filter the student's iPads from home.
Managing Chromebook Network Connections - English and Spanish
Utilize the Managing Chromebook Network Connections Handbook for helpful tips.
Zoom video tutorials and resources.
Step-by-Step Directions on How to Use Zoom for Students and Families