VUSD Expanded Learning Programs also known as PEAK, ASES, ELOP and after school program, provide a safe, positive, and nurturing after school environment that enhances our students’ educational experiences, and increases their academic success so that they become healthy, confident and responsible members of our Ventura community.
Students are provided many opportunities to experience success, including;
- Academic support to be successful during the regular school day
- Experiences that advance 21st-century learning skills in a variety of environments
- Participation in diverse enrichment including art, music, cooking, technology, and STEM/STEAM
- Leadership and social skills
- Daily structured physical activity, recreation, and/or sports
- Encouragement from caring adult staff
- Many opportunities to experience success
- Healthy snacks
Ventura Unified School District is applying for the After School Safety and Enrichment for Teens (ASSETs) grant for Buena, Pacific, and Ventura High Schools. The ASSETs program has commonalities at all high schools and unique features to meet the needs of the students at each site. ASSETs grants provide students in grades 9-12 with academic enrichment opportunities, activities designed to complement students' regular academic program, college and career readiness, literacy and leadership opportunities, and a safe environment for participating students. If awarded at each campus, the grant funds would be used from August 2024 to June 2029.