Board • Meetings • Fundraising • Committees
PTO EXECUTIVE BOARD 2020-2021
Shannon Van Wagner, President, email@example.com
Elisabeth (Beth) Harris, Vice President & Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenn Cooke, Vice President, email@example.com
Monica Earley, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeffy Pellman, Secretary, email@example.com
Heather Duval, Teacher Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL PTO MEETINGS (email Jeffy Pellman at email@example.com for Zoom link)
November 17, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
January 19, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
March 16, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
May 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
Poinsettia has a distinguished history as an outstanding school in our community, and the PTO has played an important role for decades.
DONATE YEAR ROUND:
Recent items funded include:
• Outdoor Learning Space – opened May 2020
• Funnel Ball on First Grade Playground
• Coming Soon: Outdoor Picnic Tables
Providing these valuable resources, in addition to assemblies, art supplies, and playground equipment, is possible only with your support. More than ever, we need your help to raise the money to fund these programs. Information about additional fundraising opportunities can be found on the Poinsettia Fundraising page.
Volunteering is a great way to be involved in your child's school, help the PTO, and make new friends. If you would like to help one of the following committees, fill out the form here.
• Book Fair – Date TBD (Vacant) Work with Scholastic Book Fair representative and coordinate volunteers for a week-long book fair and family night. Maybe organize a Barnes and Noble book fair.
• Box Tops - (Vacant) Help with box top collection and turn in for school funds
• Bulletin Board and Marquee (Ali & Chip Rocha) Ensure bulletin boards and marquees are up to date with school related activities and dates.
• Carnival – Date TBD (Ali & Chip Rocha) Help organize and coordinate teams of volunteers for our school Carnival. Sub-committees include setup, prizes/games, food, events, cleanup, sponsors, etc.
• Goliath Gear (Kelly Decklever) Sell and distribute Poinsettia school shirts and sweatshirts.
• Grant Writing (Vacant) Research grants that Poinsettia can qualify for and write requests for grants. Principal Beth Harris will be very helpful!
• Hospitality (Rachel Dean and Theresa Macias) Help organize lunches and celebrations to support our teachers throughout the year.
• Jog-a-Thon - Cancelled for 2020-2021 Need coordinator and volunteers to set up, organize classes to run, distribute pledge packets and collection, provide water and healthy snacks, set up other activities if desired (jumpers, games).
• Laminator (Amy Wiggins) Deliver and pickup materials from classrooms to be laminated at District Office
• Outdoor Education - 5th Grade (Megan Fong and Tiffany Wilson - PoinsettiaOutdoorEd@gmail.com) Coordination of the various 5th Grade fundraisers for Outdoor Education attendance. This takes place during the 5th grade year August 2019 - January 2021.
• Outdoor Education – 4th Grade (Vacant) Coordination of the various fundraisers February 2021 – January 2022 for Outdoor Education attendance during 4th year.
• Outdoor Education - 3rd Grade (Vacant) Needed for 5th Grade outdoor education awareness. Fundraising begins February 2021 - January 2022
• Yearbook (Mary Jo Thomas) Work on team to organize the Poinsettia yearbook. Yearbook photo submission link coming soon!
TO OUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS: