Intradistrict transfers are required when a student who resides within Ventura Unified School District boundaries wishes to attend a school other than his home school of residence.
Elementary School Grades K-5 Intradistrict Transfers
VUSD began accepting intradistrict transfer requests as of January 31, 2022. Applications are available at your boundary school and are also linked below. Applications are turned in to your boundary school and are processed in the order they are received and approved as space allows.
Schools will begin issuing releases as of January 31, 2022.
Secondary Schools Grades 6-12 Intradistrict Transfers
VUSD began accepting intradistrict transfer requests as of January 10, 2022. Applications are available at your boundary school and are also linked below. Applications are turned into your boundary school or to Student Support Services at the district office (255 W Stanley Avenue, Ventura) and are processed in the order they are received and approved as space allows.
NOTE: Schools of Choice lottery lists take precedence over transfer requests received thereafter.
Student Support Services will begin accepting these transfers as of January 10, 2022.
(At this time, enrollment for Foothill Technology HS 2022-23 is at capacity.)
Terms & Conditions:
- Permits are valid for grade span (K-5, 6-8, 9-12), but will be reviewed annually.
- Approval is subject to space availability.
- Permit may be revoked for unsatisfactory attendance, academic performance, and/or behavior.
- Transportation is not provided.
- Student athletes transferring from one high school to another without a bona fide change of address may be restricted from varsity level competition in the same sport that they competed in their previous school for a period of one calendar year. (C.I.F. Rule 214)
- If the student is no longer enrolled in the specific program, the transfer request will be revoked.
Interdistrict transfers are required when either a student who lives outside of the boundaries of Ventura Unified School District wants to attend a VUSD school or when a student who resides in the VUSD boundaries wishes to attend school in another district. In either case, both school districts must approve the transfer.
Ventura County Office of Education - Interdistrict Transfer Agreement
Incoming transfers for the school year 2022-2023 will be accepted beginning February 1, 2022. Transfers must have your home district's release-signature and all required documentation attached.
For Transfers within Ventura County:
The district of residency intends to release a student from their attendance area for five (5) school years.
Ventura County school districts understand and agree that a pupil who is granted an interdistrict transfer to another district shall be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Interdistrict Transfer Agreement and may have the transfer revoked during the school year, or non-renewed, for the following school year, based on any of the reasons set forth below. Revocations of an interdistrict transfer by the district of attendance may not be appealed to the County Board of Education.
- Student is excessively tardy or absent from school, or student is brought to school excessively early or picked up excessively late.
- Student fails to uphold appropriate behavior standards.
- Student fails to make appropriate academic efforts.
- False or misleading information was provided on the Interdistrict Transfer Agreement and/or accompanying documentation.
- Other conditions that occur that would render continuance inadviseable.
- Students entering grades 11 and 12 shall not have their permits rescinded by either district.
- Approval is subject to space availability in the district and may not be at the site requested.
- No financial obligation shall be incurred by the district of residence for services rendered under this agreement.
- The parent/guardian is responsible for providing transportation to and from school.