New Student Enrollment
How do I enroll?
New TK-12 Grade and Returning Students
New TK-12 students and those that have been out of VUSD for a period of time and are returning should begin by filling out the pre-enrollment application. To find your home boundary school, visit the My School Locator
You can also visit your neighborhood school site for more information.
Current VUSD Students
Current VUSD students who would like more information on Schools of Choice should visit our Schools of Choice webpage. (Schools of Choice Lottery opens on Tues. Nov. 7, 2023 and runs until Fri. Dec. 1, 2023 at 4 pm.)
Click on the tabs below for more information about how to enroll each group
- Jumpstart (ages 2.9 – 4 years)
- Transitional Kindergarten (Preschool – Kindergarten)
- Homestead (Kindergarten – 8th Grade Independent Study)
- Elementary (Kindergarten – 5th Grade)
- TK–8 (Transitional Kindergarten – 8th Grade schools)
- Secondary (6th Grade – 12th Grade)
- Independent Study High School Program
Attending a school that is not your home boundary school
If you live in the Ventura Unified School District boundary but would like your child to attend a different school than your home boundary school you have two options:
- Apply through School of Choice (this process is now closed for the 2023-24 school year)
- Apply for an Intra-District Transfer- more information can be found on the Intradistrict Transfer webpage
If you do not live in the Ventura Unified School District, please complete an interdistrict transfer request and have your home district sign the release portion of your request. The form and pertinent documentation can then be submitted/emailed to the Student Support Service’s department for review. For more information visit, the Interdistrict Transfer webpage.
Your application to the school is not a guaranteed enrollment due to available space.