Handwashing is the best protection against germs. Please model handwashing for your child
and help them make this a frequent part of their daily routine to promote good health.
No student is allowed to have medication at school without an authorization form signed by the parent and the prescribing physician. This includes over the counter, herbal and prescription medications as well as creams, ointments, cough drops, etc. The health office can not administer any medications without a doctor's authorization. To obtain the form, or if you have any questions contact the health office. 289-1860 x 1003
Promote a healthy school environment for all students and decrease the spread of illness throughout the classrooms by keeping your child home if they:
- Have a fever>100 or have had a fever in the last 24 hours;
- Have vomited in the last 24 hours;
- Have cold symptoms including but not limited to increased colorful nasal discharge and persistent cough;
- Have diarrhea or have had diarrhea in the last 24 hours.
- Be sure to call the Attendance Line at 289-1860 x 1002 when your child is sick
Please notify the health office of any cases of head lice, chicken pox, shingles, strep infections or any communicable diseases. Exposure to these conditions can be very harmful to individuals that have compromised immune systems. Notifying the health office will help us track these conditions or exposures and inform those individuals that may need to contact their physicians for care.