× Search

Specialized Health Care

The parent/guardian of students who require specialized physical health care services during the school day shall provide a written request for the needed physical health care service. The student's physician shall submit a written statement authorizing the administration of the specified physical health care service. (Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 3051.12(b)(3)(E))

The program administrator shall name the qualified school personnel who will perform the service in accordance with standardized procedures.

A qualified school nurse, public health nurse, or licensed physician and surgeon shall supervise physical health care services in the school setting in accordance with law. (Education Code 49423.5; Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 3051.12)

Schools shall provide appropriate accommodations for safety and necessary physical care services. The student's personal privacy and dignity shall be assured. (code of Regulations, Title 5, 3051.12)

Staff designated to perform the specialized service shall maintain and sign a daily record of these services on a district form. (Code of Regulations, Title 5, Section 3051.12(b)(1)(E)) This form shall be kept either in the student's classroom or in the school health office, depending on the health services being provided.


For more information, contact your school nurse.

Ventura Unified School District
Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2018 by Ventura Unified School District
Back To Top