Thank you for considering our school!
Please note: Kindergarten registration generally begins in March. Please contact our office for the start date this year.
For registration you will need to supply the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Social Security Card
- 2 Proofs of Residency (i.e. gas, electric, or water bill, rental agreement or mortgage statement)
At A.T.L.A.S. we believe everyone can be a leader. We integrate the 7 Habits of Happy Kids into a rigorous curriculum designed to develop the whole child. Our students participate in leadership roles from classroom to community. We set personal and school-wide goals, keep track of progress, and celebrate victories. On Wednesdays, all students participate in LEAD time to build cross cultural communities and lasting relationships outside the classroom. LEAD groups synergize in leadership, technology, team-building, and community outreach lessons. Together with families and our community, A.T.L.A.S. thrives in a culture of leadership and personal responsibility.
Today’s world is global and it moves fast. It is no longer enough to know how to utilize the latest device. Students must become fluent in the optimal use of technology to further learning. At A.T.L.A.S., we look to redesign the learning experience with 1:1 student devices in classrooms, a state-of-the-art computer lab, computer science and coding lessons, interactive projectors, a student broadcasting team, and a MakerSpace including a 3D printer. Students engage daily with a variety of technology in order to communicate more deeply, think more critically, collaborate more effectively, and create more innovatively.
You have a CHOICE when it comes to selecting the best fit for your child's education. As a leadership and technology magnet school, ATLAS is uniquely equipped to provide our students with a solid foundation to prepare them for success in an increasingly complex and interdependent world. But don't just take our word for it, schedule a personalized tour and come see for yourself!
Long-term Outcomes of Attending a Diverse School
- Greater educational and occupational attainment
- Greater workplace readiness for occupations that require interacting with customers and coworkers from all racial backgrounds, and functioning in an increasingly global economy
- Interesting fact: U.S. Employers spend roughly $200 to $300 million dollars each year providing diversity training because too few of their employees are prepared to work with people who come from different racial, economic or cultural backgrounds
- Adult cross-racial/ethnic friendships, mutual trust and acceptance
- Lower level of violence and social disorder
- Less involvement with the criminal justice system
- Democratic values and attitudes
- Civic engagement
- Choice of integrated neighborhoods; graduates have a greater tendency to live in integrated neighborhoods
Short-term Outcomes of Attending a Diverse School K-12
- Greater achievement across the curriculum
- Increased social and emotional outcomes
- Growth in leadership, critical thinking, and ability to work cooperatively and problem solve
- Lower dropout rates
- Reduction in prejudice and cross-racial fears
- Growth in interpersonal skills; Increase in mutual trust, respect and acceptance
- Greater tolerance