Ventura Unified is partnered with Peachjar to help keep our families more informed about important community resources. Schools and the District will continue to use ParentSquare to disseminate VUSD information. Community organizations and businesses must go through PeachJar to have information sent to families. We are no longer allowing non-VUSD affiliated entities send paper flyers/advertising home through our schools.
All parents/guardians with legal rights to communications and an email address on file in Q will automatically be registered to receive digital flyers. District-approved community flyers are emailed to parents as images and posted on the school's web flyer board.
Community Organizations and Businesses
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3. Go to www.peachjar.com and follow these steps:
- Upload- Select your desired schools for distribution and upload your flyer through Peachjar.
- Approval- Your flyer is digitally routed to the school district for approval
- Distribution- Your approved flyer is emailed to parents/guardians and posted to each school's web flyerboard. WE ONLY SEND ON WEDNESDAYS. In order to ensure our families are not overwhelmed with emails and ignore them, we only send Peachjar flyers on Wednesdays. Please keep this in mind when choosing dates for distribution.
All flyers must adhere to the following to be approved by Ventura Unified School District
- Adhere to all VUSD Board of Education policies - (i.e. advertising and promotion- Policy 1325)
- Must be in both English and Spanish
- Align to the District's mission and vision
- Be educational in nature and serve the District's stakeholders consisting of students, parents, guardians, and the community
- Be age appropriate for K-12 students
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity
- Be in PDF format, smaller than 3 MB in file size
- Should not imply Ventura Unified School District's endorsement of any identified product and/or services.
- Should not be lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during scheduled events.
- Discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or other unlawful consideration.
- Should not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, alcohol, marijuana, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
- Must be for an organization or a company, not an individual.
Cost to Outside Organizations and Businesses
Peachjar charges a fee for this service, which is generally $25 a school site. When compared to the cost of printing color copies, this is usually a savings. For a full description of Peachjar fees, please click on this link to the Peachjar Pricing Page
Peachjar takes great pride in being able to offer a Community Free program as a way of giving back to our local communities. Peachjar will cover the fee for one flyer per 30 days to your local district, offering a free charitable event, service, or resource where children are the direct beneficiary. By incurring the fee, Peachjar hopes to make it even easier for those organizations to get the word out and impact the lives of even more children.
Please review Peachjar’s Community free guidelines here and note approval for the Community Free program is made solely by Peachjar, not the district. If you would like to apply and you have your flyer ready, simply register your account at Peachjar.com and email email@example.com to request an application. Peachjar will guide you through the process from there.