Why Choose Will Rogers?
- Two-Way Immersion Program: All students K-5 engage in rigorous English and Spanish instruction everyday as part of our Two-Way Immersion Program, which promotes biliteracy and multiculturalism Click here to learn more about TWI
- Technology: Students use technology everyday through access to student iPads in every classroom, our brand new computer lab, plus chromebooks and laptops for 4th and 5th graders. All classrooms are equipped with a brand new interactive whiteboard projector for dynamic and engaging lessons. Students also learn the basics of computer programming and robotics through our new K-5 Coding Curriculum which includes Kodable, Cubelets, Dash and Dot, CODE.org, and LEGO WeDo.
- Environmental Science Magnet Theme: Students address current environmental challenges through project-based learning, supported by hands-on learning in our schoolyard habitat and new science lab Click here to learn more about our Science Program
- High Quality Teachers: The Will Rogers teaching staff is a highly trained, passionate group of educators that put students first. Every grade level works collaboratively as a team to ensure the success of every single child, while implementing a rigorous bilingual curriculum aligned to the Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
How do I enroll my student at Will Rogers?
- Boundary Students: If you live within the Will Rogers boundary, please visit our main office at 316 Howard Street to enroll. To find out if you live within our boundary, please visit Locate Our School.
- School of Choice: If you live within the VUSD boundary, you can apply to our school through VUSD's School of Choice process. School of Choice is a lottery system that allows families to submit an application for preferred schools within Ventura Unified. The School of Choice window for the 2016-2017 school year is January 6-20, 2017. You may visit our front office during that time for an application, or visit the VUSD School of Choice website. Make sure to get your applications on time, Will Rogers had a wait list for the 14-15, 15-16 and 16-17 school years!
- Intradistrict Transfers: If you live within the VUSD boundary, but missed the School of Choice deadline, you can still apply for an intradistrict transfer. Information found here.
- Interdistrict Transfers: If you live outside the VUSD boundary, you can apply for an interdistrict transfer. Information found here.
You will need to bring the following items to register your student:
- Photo Identification
- Two Proofs of Residency (Some examples--utility bills, property tax statement, rental agreement on property management letterhead, W-2, pay stub, County, State, or Federal Correspondence)
- Proof of Immunizations (for polio, hepatitis B, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, measles, mumps and rubella, and varicella [chicken pox])
- Original Birth Certificate (Children registering must be 5 years old on or before September 1.)
- Upon first enrollment, students entering Kindergarten are required to have a school entry health examination after March 1, 2016.
*All other necessary forms will be provided to you by the Will Rogers office.
If you have any questions, please email Elizabeth.Rodriguez@venturausd.org with your name, address, phone number, student’s name & date of birth, and the grade your student will be attending.