IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:
Traffic and campus safety have been a topic of conversation with our staff, parent committees and individual parents. We all have to be conscious and intentional when it comes to making safety a priority. Please make a commitment to yourselves and our children, to emphasize and model safety at all times.
These are updates/reminders for traffic safety:
- Please use the pick/drop off zone for the intended purpose.
- In both parking lots, please only park in the designated stalls. In the Partridge parking lot, some parents have been parking on the curb closest to the Kindergarten classrooms. In the Eagle parking lot, some parents have been utilizing staff designated stalls.
- Never block handicap parking, and only use the handicap stalls when you have a placard.
- Always follow all traffic laws around our school campus and plan to arrive early.
The following are updates/reminders regarding our before school movement:
- Our outside supervision begins at 7:45 am.
- Breakfast is served in the cafeteria from 7:20 – 7:50 am daily. Students that eat breakfast must eat inside.
- Students and parents may sit down at the black tables in the outside eating area or stand by stars near library.
- Students are not allowed to pass the stars in front of the office and enter the classroom areas unless accompanied by a staff member or special pass provided by a teacher.
- All students must walk to class in an orderly manner-no pushing and shoving in the hallways.
We appreciate your support in making Portola a safe school community. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Principal, Portola Elementary