Article II, Section 1
The purposes of this association, in common with the purposes of the National PTA and the California State PTA, are:
a. To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
b. To raise the standards of home life.
c. To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
d. To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
e. To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
GOALS OF THE NATIONAL PTA CONGRESS
- To bring a closer relationship between the home and school.
- To secure for every child the highest advantage in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
- To encourage people to give a reasonable share of their time to learning about their school and community and to cooperate with educators and the public to accomplish the best results for children in providing that type of education which will develop an informed citizen of high integrity and patriotism.
- To promote the welfare of children and support wholesome families.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
Join the PTA. Volunteer, and be part of your child's education.