Below are the following methods for choosing your child's school.
1) Enrolling the student in your residential boundary: MySchoolLocator.
2) Schools of Choice - once selected through the random and unbiased lottery process, the student may remain until they complete their 5th, 8th, or 12th grade year. DUE TO THE FIRES, THE LOTTERY WINDOW HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR: January 19 - February 2, 2018.
3) Intradistrict Transfers - for families residing within the VUSD boundary and requesting their child attend a school other than their boundary/neighborhood school; must be renewed yearly.
4) Interdistrict Transfers - for families requesting their child attend a different school district, incoming or exiting VUSD.
- Student Support Services will begin accepting both Gr. 6-8 intradistrict and interdistrict transfer requests on March 1, 2018, for Fall enrollment.
- K-5 intradistrict requests: VUSD elementary schools will begin receiving intradistrict requests on Tuesday, April 10, 2018.