August 23, 2017
Dear Citrus Glen Families,
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year.
I am so excited to partner with you for your child's successful education. This is going to be a great year as we continue to guide the students to be self-directed learners, creative thinkers, effective communicators, collaborative workers, and lifelong learners.
At Citrus Glen, we recognize the strength of the school comes from our strong partnership with the home. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s school success. We ask that you help support your child’s learning by:
- Having your child attend school regularly
- Encourage your child to show positive school behavior
- Reviewing your child’s homework
- Attend parent-teacher conferences, Back to School night, special events and, when appropriate, participate in decisions relating to your child’s education
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom and school if time or schedule permit
Citrus Glen faculty will ensure all students will receive an exemplary and balanced education fostering a life-long passion for learning and engagement. We will:
- Provide high quality curriculum and learning materials
- Provide you with assistance in understanding academic achievement standards and assessments and how to monitor your child’s progress
- Provide opportunities for ongoing communication between you and teachers through parent-teacher conferences, progress reports as needed, and multiply ways to communicate with staff and teachers.
I am delighted to share this year with you.
Citrus Glen Principal