Are you interested in volunteering at ATLAS?
Use the form below to sign up!
Volunteering is a great way to show your kids that you take an interest in their education. Parent volunteers offer a huge resource and support base for the school community while showing their kids the importance of participating in the larger community. Even if you haven't been involved in the past, it's never too late to start.
Some questions to consider:
What does the ideal volunteer experience look like to you? What are your strengths and interests? How many hours can you volunteer? Is it better to actually be in the school or take things home to work on?
- Help in your child’s classroom
- Help prepare LEAD Time materials or participate
- Mentor or tutor students
- Help organize, cater, or work at PTA and fundraising activities
- Help to plan and chaperone field trips
- Organize or assist with a specific club or advanced leadership role
- Attend school board, PTA, School Site Council, or Lighthouse meetings
- Volunteer to speak in the classroom or at a career day
Volunteering not only benefits your children; you also benefit by making the school a more positive place. Through your modeling, relationship building, support, and encouragement, you will be helping in ways that will reap numerous benefits for everyone.