ATLAS Progressive Discipline Policy
Teachers work hard to re-direct student behavior when necessary and keep students in class at all times. Unfortunately, at times, a student’s behavior may be so disruptive to themselves, the class, the learning environment, or the school that further steps must be taken.
Step 1– Behavior redirection in class or on playground
Step 2– Clip down or behavior warning notice sent home
Step 3– Parent contact
Step 4– Teacher, parent, student meeting
Step 5– Principal Referral
Step 6– Parent meeting with Principal
In rare circumstances the behavior is so disruptive or harmful to other students that the child will be sent to the principal, prior to Step 5. Decisions are made at the discretion of the Teacher & Principal.
General School Reminders
Please be reminded that bringing personal items, balls, toys, or anything of value to school is not allowed.
We encourage you to send your child with a healthy snack and lunch. Please do not include candy, soda or hot cheetos.
Traffic & Parking Reminders
Safety First! We love our little school tucked back in our neighborhood, but sometimes due to its configuration, safety concerns arise. Please be sure to follow the below guidelines to ensure all students can arrive and depart safely from school.
· When picking up children at the end of the school day, adults are asked to wait outside of the blue double doors in front of the school. The teachers will be walking students out to you.
· Student car drop off and pickup area is along sidewalk, in front of the main entrance to school.
· Let students out only when parked next to curb—do not Double Park.
· Parking lot is for staff use only, do not pull in the parking lot under any circumstances.
· Only drop students off on the side of the street nearest school. It is unsafe for students to cross in traffic, even with an adult. Use the crosswalks at end of street.
· Please do not make U-turns on Jazmin, it is not only unsafe it backs up traffic and increases the likelihood of an accident.
If you want to walk your child to class, you must park along the fence.
Common Sense Media
Digital Citizenship and Safety! Help your child be safe on the internet by clicking the "Parent Concerns" tab. Also, find reviews and recommended age ranges for shows, movies, video games, apps and much more!
Our Cross Country team
is UP and RUNNING!
If you are interested in viewing the
participation report for the last two years,
If you are looking for information on apps to help support your students at home, please see our Resources Page for web-based applications (like Code.org, Typing Training, Moby Max, Accelerated Reader, etc.).
Due to parent request, we have also compiled a list of vetted apps by grade level for use on iPads and tablets. Keep in mind that apps change all the time and this list is by no means exhaustive and may be subject to change without warning. Click here to see the list.
Continue to check our Google Calendar for the latest events and information. You may also contact our teachers and staff through our directory or by visiting the various class websites.
If you haven't already, please consider joining our PTA.
There are also many ways that you can support ATLAS, and you are always welcome to volunteer in classrooms, during LEAD Time, or at other school events.
Thank you for your continued support!